Testing for people with symptoms
Across January, drive-through Mobile Testing Units will operate once again. These sites are for those with symptoms – a new persistent cough, a high temperature or a loss of sense of taste or smell – and can be booked by calling 119 or visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Planned dates and sites may be subject to change if testing is required in other locations:
Opening times from 5th January
- Monday 4th January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Tuesday 5 January – Litherland
- Wednesday 6 January – Litherland
- Thursday 7 January – Litherland
- Friday 8 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Saturday 9 January – Ainsdale
- Sunday 10 January – Ainsdale
- Monday 11 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Tuesday 12 January – Litherland
- Wednesday 13 January – Litherland
- Thursday 14 January – Litherland
- Friday 15 January – NO MOBILE TESTING
- Saturday 16 January – Aintree Racecourse
- Sunday 17 January – Aintree Racecourse
- Monday 18 January – Southport
- Tuesday 19 January – Ainsdale
In addition, local walk-through test centres are open every day from 8am to 8pm, providing easy access to COVID-19 tests for people who do not have access to a car and for those who have symptoms and should not travel by public transport.
The four local test centres are located at:
- Bootle Town Hall, L20 7AA
- Crosby Library Car Park, Haigh Road, L22 OLQ
- Netherton Activity Centre, Glovers Land, L30 3TL
- Southport Town Hall, PR8 1DA
Those with symptoms seeking tests, need to book ahead of going to either the walk-through or drive-through sites. It’s quick and easy to book by calling 119 or going online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Testing for people not displaying any symptoms
Targeted, SMART COVID-19 testing for residents who DON’T have COVID-19 symptoms is now taking place at:
- Splash World in Southport
- Bootle Leisure Centre
- Aintree Racecourse.
Each site is open from 9am to 6pm. The SMART test sites are walk through only