RNIB (Royal National Institute for the Blind)
Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) is a charity offering practical and emotional support to anyone in the UK living with sight loss.
If you, someone you know, or someone you support has a sight problem, RNIB can help.
Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice and products you need from RNIB and Action for Blind People to remain independent.
How we can help:
* give you free information about your eye condition and available treatments
* direct you to the people, services and organisations there to help, both locally and nationally, including voluntary groups and support from social services
* let you know about any financial benefits and grants that you could be entitled to
recommend everyday products that can help make life easier, available from our online shop and other centres
* suggest ways you can continue to enjoy your hobbies and leisure time
* help you join and use our library service of over 40,000 titles in braille, Moon, giant print and audio
* let you know about employment, training and education opportunities
* advise on housing options, whether staying in your own home or moving elsewhere
* provide access to emotional support and counselling services
* or simply to offer a listening ear.
Our specialist advice workers will spend time with you over the phone, making sure the support they give is right for you. We'll call you back a few weeks later to find out how you're getting on and what else we can do to help.
Who to contact
Where to go
Last updated: 02/07/2020