Light For Life - Southport Housing Centre
Light For Life services is the first point of call for anyone in housing need in Southport / Sefton. Light for Life is a registered charity run by a team of dedicated professionals and volunteers
We work with vulnerable people to bring about change in their lives, promote independence, dignity and self-worth following the organisation's Christian principles.
1) providing advice and guidance regarding housing options to individuals and families in need of accommodation.
2) working with landlords to secure property of a good standard.
3) providing support, advice and education to maximise a person’s potential.
4) developing new initiatives to meet the changing demands of people in need in Sefton and the wider Merseyside region.
At the Southport Housing Centre we provide advice on:
• Housing options
• Housing related benefits
• Welfare rights
• Private renting – Access to private rented accommodation
• Emergency accommodation
• Tenant’s Rights
• Access to legal advice
• Housing associations - & Housing association accommodation
• Rent arrears and eviction
• Disrepair and environmental health
• Referrals and signposting to other agencies where appropriate
• Access to the Bond Scheme
Who to contact
Where to go
Last updated: 17/08/2020