This friendly club for local artists meets in an Art Room at Greenbank High School, Hillside, and Southport at 7.00 pm on Monday evenings from September to May. Most evenings are given over to painting in whatever media and subject the individual chooses.
About once a month we have a workshop or demonstration. There is no formal tuition (except at workshops and demonstrations) but there is a great range of skills, knowledge and abilities from our members and there is usually someone on hand to help out with a specific problem. The group comprises of a wide range of artistic experience from those just starting to develop their art after a course of tuition, to some experienced artists.
The main aims of the club are as follows:
- Making friends with other artists
- A club for the relative beginner to the the experienced artist
- Improving skills & techniques of members
- Demonstrations & workshops by outside artists
- The club encourages the use of all media including drawing, pastels & painting
- ‘Free’, ie practice evenings to allow members to work in a supportive environment
- Outings to paint in the open air
- Evening meetings for those with daytime commitments
- Exhibitions of members’ work
- Videos / DVDs/Books available to members
Due to space constraints the membership is limited to thirty. When membership is full, associate memberships are available and will ensure the member is placed on the waiting list. The associate members are welcome to come to workshops and demonstrations and participate in exhibitions and outside paintings and events.