North West Driving Assessment Service (NHS)
We see children, young people and adults for a variety of reasons.
We carry out assessments and give advice on the following:
- Children’s car seat and harnesses
- Bugzi powered wheelchairs for children with additional needs/disabilities.
- Disabled driving assessments
- Vehicle adaptations
- Drive from wheelchair and bespoke driving solutions
- Vehicle access/egress for drivers and passengers
- Wheelchair/scooter stowage
- Seating and posture
- Mobility scooters
- Advice on driving safer for longer
Our service is part of the Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
We are a Driving Mobility accredited service that works in partnership with the NHS, Department for Transport (DfT), Motability and the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
Our main centre is located in Haydock, St Helens, Merseyside, but we are able to offer certain types of assessments at clinics in Lancashire, and North and South Liverpool.
Who to contact
- 01942 483713 01942 483713
Where to go
- North West Driving Assessment Service
- WA11 9SJ
- View WA11 9SJ on a map Get directions to WA11 9SJ
Our main centre is in Haydock, St Helens, Merseyside.
We run regular clinics in Lancashire, North and South Liverpool, in order to bring our service closer to you.
- If you are referred to our service through an NHS medical professional or GP there is no charge. If you refer yourself, the fee for your assessment would be £50.00 Equipment/access/scooter and wheelchair loading assessments: Free of charge. Car seta clinic: No charge if referred by a NHS professional. Childrens Bugzi powered wheelchair assessments are free of charge. There is a equipment loan fee however, from the charity that provide the Bugzi's- we will discuss this with you.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
All of our assessments are by appointment only to ensure that you have the time required with us.
You are welcome to refer yourself by telephone, email or our referral form and we will send you the full information.
We also take referrals from Motability, NHS and private health professionals, case managers and the DVLA (Drivers Vehicle Licensing Agency).
- Other notes
We are happy to provide information or answer any queries you might have, with no obligation to come and see us for an assessment.
Do contact us to see how we can help.
Last updated: 30/09/2021