Sefton CVS is a registered charity, operating for 40 years, in providing specialist infrastructure and support services to voluntary, community and faith sector organisations (VCF) that encourage and support independent resilience and sustainable communities in the borough of Sefton.
Networks and Forums
CVS facilitates networks, provides commentary and participation in national regional and local policy, and acts as the conduit between the sector, Sefton Council, CCG’s and other public organisations.
The networks include a Health and Social Care Forum, Every Child Matter Forum (Children, Young People and Families), specialist forums working with equality groups: people with disabilities, Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender, BME and faith communities
Support Services to the VCF sector
Whether it is a group of local people thinking about starting up a group or charity, or more established organisations, small medium or large, who are well established and/or wanting to grow, our support services are customised to provide:
- This includes charity, enterprise and company start up, registration, board training and development, sourcing funding, business planning and generating income.
- We offer a community accounting, independent examination and pay roll service.
- We support groups in implementing quality assurance systems, developing consortiums and partnerships, participation and engagement and provide support in legal and compliance issues.
- We are a DBS umbrella service and provide safeguarding training and capacity building with organisations.
- Our training services provides over 70 accredited and non-accredited course to support the sector’s work force ranging from mental health first aid, governance, health and safety, safeguarding and Dementia Friends training. Our Master Classes covering issues such as legal and Charity Commission compliance.
Our Volunteer Centre provides recruitment and brokerage services for local groups and people wishing to volunteer their time with local organisations. We hold a database of opportunities, match volunteers and organisations and provide all the good practice, advice and support in managing and recruiting volunteers. Our Volunteer Certificate scheme is recognised by the Mayor of Sefton’s Office.
VCF Sector Information
CVS’s database collects, holds and updates the latest information of over 1,100 VCF groups operating in the borough and provides information to the Sefton Directory on a regularly updated basis.
CVS also have an on line searchable facility which can be accessed by practitioners and offers a signposting and referral service to VCF services in localities and neighbourhoods.
Sefton CVS also develops new services and within this Directory you will see separate entries including
- Sefton Young Advisors,
- Merseyside Mentoring
- Sefton Healthwatch
- Social Inclusion for Older People
- BME Community Development
- Reablement Care4U
Sefton CVS provides a bank of information in a range of mediums about community activities, contacts and services and deals with 1,000’s of enquiries each year in signposting public, professionals and charities.