If you are disabled, a blue badge allows you to park legally near to places you are visiting .The permit is for any eligible disabled person irrespective of whether you are travelling as a driver, or as a passenger.
There is a £10 fee to apply for a blue badge permit.
What is the eligibility criteria?
You will automatically qualify for a Blue Badge if you are:
- In receipt of the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
- In receipt of 8 points or more for the 'Moving Around' element of the mobility component of Personal independence Payment (PIP)
- In receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement
- Registered blind (Partially Sighted is not an automatic qualification for a badge)
- Applicants who are in receipt of a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (compensation) Scheme and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability or considerable difficulty walking.
For additional eligibility criteria and information please visit the Blue Badge page on Sefton Council website.
For Blue Badge applications please visit Gov.uk