The fully refurbished Southport Library re-opened in 2013 following a major improvement to the Lord Street building, which is part of the wider Atkinson cultural centre project.
The showpiece is the extended children’s section with room for activities and events, which includes a ship, specially made for the library, named after Kathleen - a real fishing boat built in Southport around 1900.
Other additions include a new teenage space, self-service machines and information pods, a wider range of books and access to toilets.
- Monday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Tuesday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Wednesday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Thursday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Friday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Saturday - 11.00am-4.00pm
- Sunday - Closed
All library group events are currently suspended. Libraries are following Government and local council advice to limit numbers at indoor events and activities.
Further information here
- FREE WiFi access
- Cycle rack
- Car parking in the town: pay-and-display or park-and-ride
- The library is on the ground floor.
- Automatic entrance doors
- Hearing induction loops
- Self-service colour photocopier
- Quick-reference section
- Local history sections collection
- The library is fully accessible and DDA compliant.
Who to contact
Where to go
Last updated: 13/10/2021