MYA YOU Project is a partnership with Daisy Inclusive UK. Both organisations champion a reverse inclusion approach to empower disabled children and young people to access youth opportunities. We use a diverse range of activities to meet the needs of children and young people. Our pioneering peer lead approach enables disabled and non-disabled children and young people to access a range of activities together. To compliment this work we also offer training packages for professionals to ensure inclusion is sustainable.
The YOU project provides information and advice from our specialist staff who share their knowledge about services and issues relating to disability with parents/ carers, children and young people. We also offer training around disability awareness and support professionals and organisations to become fully inclusive in their practice.
- One to one and group work sessions to support personal and social development
- Issue based workshops targeted at specific group needs
- Peer Education and mentoring opportunities
- A range of health promoting activities
- Things to do and places to go to meet new friends
- Information and advice service for families
- Curriculum and pastoral support for schools
- Support, advice and training to promote inclusion in youth projects
What are aims of the project?
- To engage disabled children and young people into engaging in all service provision
- To promote the inclusion of disabled children and young people into mainstream services
- To provide transitional support for disabled children and young people though times of change
- To provide learning opportunities for disabled children and young people
Who is it for?
- Disabled children and young people aged 7 – 25 years
- Families of disabled children and young people
- Youth Projects