National Autistic Society
The National Autistic Society is the UK’s leading charity for people affected by autism. We were founded in 1962, by a group of parents who were passionate about ensuring a better future for their children. Today we have over 19,000 members, over 90 branches and provide:
- information, advice, advocacy, training and support for individuals and their families
- information and training for health, education and other professionals working with people with autism and their families
- specialist residential, supported living, outreach and day services for adults
- specialist schools and education outreach services for children
- out-of-school services for children and young people
- employment training and support and social programmes for adults with autism.
A local charity with a national presence, we campaign and lobby for lasting positive change for those affected by autism in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Who to contact
Where to go
Last updated: 13/07/2020