The Makaton Charity exists to ensure that everyone living with learning or communication difficulties has the tools and resources they need to communicate. We work towards this through our activities:
- providing training to families, carers, and professionals;
- developing and producing printed and electronic resources;
- working with others to make their information accessible;
- providing advice and support for families and professionals;
- working in partnership to influence society and empower people.
The Makaton Charity uses a sustainable, cascade approach to sharing Makaton. This ensures the maximum number of people can benefit from using Makaton.