Down's Syndrome Association
The Down's Syndrome Association exists to support people with Down's Syndrome, their family and carers as well as providing information for those with a professional interest. We also aim to improve general understanding and awareness of the condition and to champion the rights of people with Down's Syndrome.
We are the only organisation in this country focusing solely on all aspects of living successfully with Down's Syndrome. Since 1970, we have grown from being a local parent support group into a national charity wth over 20,000 members, a national office in Teddington, Middlesex and offices in Northern Ireland and Wales. Despite this, the organisation is run by a total staff of 36 (many of them part time). We also work closely with over 130 local support groups throughout the UK.
- Provide information about all aspects of living with Down's Syndrome including specialist advisers on benefits, education and health via our helpline and website.
- Promote and facilitate information exchange between members through various groups.
- Advise on employment for people with Down's Syndrome through our WorkFit project.
- Facilitate and support a sports programme called DSACtive.
You can download publications from our website for free.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 100 years
Last updated: 14/07/2020