Olsen House School believes all children deserve a chance to succeed no matter what their difficulties or complexities. We are focused on helping young people re-engage with education. The school’s team can support young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, ADHD, ASD, attachment disorders and others.
The Turnaround Programme:
The purpose of the turnaround programme is to re-integrate children back into mainstream education following a programme of behaviour support coupled with an individualised curriculum.
The programme will have a positive focus on re-integration and that the expectation will be that these children will benefit from this programme and have been specifically selected by the Local Authority, as children who can maximise on the opportunity to turn themselves around with specialist support from Olsen House and be successful on re-establishing themselves back into a mainstream setting.
Turnaround aims to re-integrate children at key transitions times (where possible) i.e. Key Stage 2 (from year 4) and Key Stage 3 (lower level).
The turnaround project will operate within the Autism Education Trust (AET) National Standards which are proven standards of what works well with children on the autistic spectrum. All staff will be trained to at least level 2 of the AET competency framework.
All children would be in receipt of Quality Teaching which includes:
- highly focused lesson design with smart objectives, differentiated and personalised
- high demands of pupil involvement and engagement with their learning
- high levels of interaction for all children
- appropriate use of teacher questioning, modelling and explaining
- an emphasis on learning through dialogue, with regular opportunities for children to talk both individually and in groups
- an expectation that children will learn to accept responsibility for their own learning and begin to work independently
- regular use of encouragement and authentic praise to engage and motivate children
- reflective and professionally developed teachers and support staff
For details of our latest Ofsted inspection please visit: