Local Offer - Family support & social care
Children and young people who have additional needs that require services will be assessed according to Sefton’s existing threshold of needs by mean of Early Help (Sefton.gov website) or social care single assessment, which you can find by clicking above.
Enquiries or referrals in relation to Early Help, Social Care or Safeguarding can be accessed by calling the Integrated Front Door on 0345 1400845
Designated Social Care Officer (DSCO) for SEND 0-25
- To improve strategic leadership and engagement with the SEND system among social workers
- Having a strategic oversight of Social Care services 0-25 for people with SEND
- Supporting co-production with parents and carers.
- Promoting the voices of children and young people.
- Ensuring that Social Care, Health and SEND processes are cohesive and that there is a good level of cooperation and coproduction.
- Monitoring the services offered and the Local Offer, in relation to the social care offer.
- Delivering positive outcomes in line with the graduated approach.
- Monitoring the quality and timeliness of social care advice for EHCPs.
- Supporting workforce development in relation to SEND and Social Care.
- Being a point of contact for queries social care may have in relation to children/young people with SEN and Disabilities.
- Signposting to other services/advice and support, including the Local Offer.
- Having a commitment and passion for improving the lives and outcomes for children and young people with SEND and their families through collaboration, coproduction, oversight and innovation and by improving understanding and knowledge across social care.
We are always looking at improving Sefton’s SEND Local Offer, click here to give us feedback.
Children and Young People Plan Survey, Please Share Your ThoughtsSefton Council are running a survey to gather views to feed into its new Children and Young People Plan. The Children and Young People Plan is important for the Council as it sets out how they are going to make Sefton the best place for…
Parents & guardians urged to check children & young people's Measles vaccinations after national incident declaredFollowing the declaration of a national incident in response to a number of measles outbreaks, Sefton Council is urging parents and guardians to ensure that children are up to date with their vaccinations. Likely to spread rapidly Over 200 cases of measles have been confirmed…
Save the Date! Sefton Parent Carer Forum Summer in Sefton Event 17th May 2024 at 3pm to 8pmOn the 17th May 2024 Sefton Parent Carer Forum will be holding a Summer in Sefton Event at Old Chris Church, Waterloo Road, Waterloo, L22 1RE at 3pm to 8pm. For further information email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder for bereaved parents to check eligibility for financial supportthe Department for Work and Pensions reminded bereaved parents who lost their partner between 9 April 2001 and 8 February 2023 that they may be eligible for a backdated government payment even if they no longer have dependent children. The government extended eligibility for Bereavement…
SEND Parent/Carer Survey 2023 Outcome ReportIn March this year parents and carers of children/young people with SEND had the opportunity to take part in a fourth survey on what is going well and what could be improved in our local area. Thank you to everyone who took the time to…
Check out the latest edition of the Aiming High NewsletterClick here to view the latest edition of the Aiming High Newsletter Click here to view the previous edition of the Aiming High Newsletter. We are always looking at improving Sefton’s SEND Local Offer, click here to give us feedback
Preparing for Adulthood Guide, check it out!Please click here to view the “Preparing for Adulthood Guide” The guide has being co-produced with staff from Sefton Council, Buddy Up, Health and Sefton Carers Centre in partnership with young people and the Sefton Parent Carer Forum. Click here to open a Print Version…
Get Involved, Help us Enhance, Shape and Co-produce our SEND Local Offer WebsiteWe want your idea's, your views and your help! Young People, Parents/Carers please get involved, help us Enhance, Shape and Co-produce our SEND Local Offer Website. To get involved with our online meetings. to sign up, please email email@example.com or call/text 07989 223937. If you…
Care at the Chemist service extended in SeftonSefton’s ‘Care at the Chemist’ scheme has a new extended service, providing treatment for urinary tract infections (UTIs), better known as water infections, directly from local pharmacies without the need to be seen by a GP. Women between the ages of 16 and 65 years…
An Important update from Alder Hey HospitalWe want to remind parents/carers that our A&E is still very much open for illness and injury We are, as always, focusing on delivering emergency care, so if your child does NOT have symptoms in the red/amber sections below, please consider other options. Thank you.…
Last updated: 30/01/2024