Community Paediatricians are concerned with neurodevelopmental delay including assessment for ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and associated behaviour problems.
If you live in South Sefton, your nearest community paediatrician is based at Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool.
If you live in North Sefton, your nearest community paediatrician is based at Hoghton Street Clinic in Southport, Mon - Fri, 9-5pm.
Only a GP can refer your child to your community paediatrician.
- Children with developmental delay.
- Children with social and communication difficulties.
- Children with complex medical needs.
- Enuretic service.
- Audiology service.
- ADHD assessment, treatment and monitoring.
- Child protection service covering physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Immunisation advice to GP surgeries / school health nurses / health visitors and at times counselling of patients.
- Behaviour problems for the under 5s.
- Liaison with other professionals caring for the child.
Your child needs to be aged 0-16yrs.